We have good news! CVIM cares for people who are uninsured. Don’t let money or lack of insurance prevent you from getting the medical or dental care you need. At our primary medical clinic, we provide quality care with compassion at no cost.
No Health Insurance?
Centre Volunteers in Medicine (CVIM) is a local nonprofit agency that provides free primary medical care to individuals living or working in Centre County without health insurance. Our services include:
- Physical Exams
- Disease Management Services
- Cancer Screening
- Wellness Education
No Dental Insurance?
Free primary dental care is very rare, except when you depend on the team at our clinic. Whether you live or work in Centre County, and you don’t have insurance, you can rely on us to maintain your oral health. Come to our clinic for:
- Emergency Care
- Restorative Care
- Tooth Extractions
- Dental Cleanings
- Specialty Care (Provided Through CVIM Referrals as Needed)
Am I Eligible for CVIM Medical or Dental Care Services?
You must meet our income guidelines in order to receive medical or dental care. If you have any questions, please call us at (814) 231-4043. Our current guidelines include:
- Household Income at or Below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Must Reside or Work in Centre County for Seven Days
- Must NOT Have Insurance for the Services for Which You Are Applying
- We do NOT accept individuals with J1 or J2 Visitor Visas
- Not Eligible to Receive Services If You Are a Full-Time Student at Penn State University or Lock Haven University or have access to University health insurance
How to Become a CVIM Patient
Please call (814) 231-4043 to complete a telephone eligibility screening. If you qualify, you will be given an appointment to meet with an eligibility assistant. Bring the following documents to your eligibility appointment:
- Proof of Your Address (i.e., Electric Bill or Telephone Bill)
- Photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport, or Other Government Issued ID)
- W-2 Form for the Most Recent Tax Year
- Copy of the Last Year’s Tax Return or Letter of Extension
- Proof of Household Gross Income for ALL Household Members for the Recent Month (i.e., Pay Stubs, Bank Statements, Disability Income, Unemployment, Child Support, etc.)
*It is very important to bring these documents to determine your eligibility.
CVIM Offers Help in Obtaining Insurance Under the Affordable Care Act
CVIM offers case management services to help patients navigate the Affordable Care Act Market Place. Please bring the items listed below to your appointment. You can print the Marketplace Application Checklist for help.
Marketplace Application Checklist
We need information about your household.
- Information about your household size. For help figuring out who needs coverage, visit Household Size.
- Information about Everyone Applying for Coverage, such as Addresses, Birth Dates, and Social Security Numbers
- Information about the Professional Helping You Apply if You’re Getting Help Completing Your Application
- Document information for Legal Immigrants (Visit Immigrant’s Documentation for More Information.)
- Information on How You File Your Taxes
- Employer and Income Information for Every Member of Your Household, such as Pay Stubs or W-2 forms—Wage and Tax Statements (Visit Income and household information to learn more about what types of income to include and not include.)
- Your Best Estimate of What Your Household Income Will Be Next Year (Visit how to report income for help estimating your income.)
- Policy Numbers for Any Current Health Insurance Plans Covering Members of Your Household
- A Completed “Employer Coverage Tool” for Every Job-Based Plan for You or Eligible Persons in Your Household
You’ll need to complete this form even for coverage you’re eligible for but don’t enroll in. Visit employer coverage tool to view or print the tool. Please provide notices from your current plan that include your plan ID, if you have or had health coverage in 2017.
If you need to cancel an appointment, we ask that you provide 24 to 48 hours’ notice.
Contact us if you have any questions about qualifying for free medical or dental care. We proudly serve those throughout Central PA.