General Office Hours and Scheduling
Becoming a Patient
If you want to become a patient, please call (814) 231-4043 during the General Office Hours listed above to speak with a volunteer about our simple eligibility process and to see if you qualify.
Medical Appointments for Current Patients
- The care at our medical clinic is provided BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (No Walk-In Visits).
- The scheduling of medical appointments is dependent on the availability of our volunteer clinicians.
- Established patients at CVIM may schedule a medical appointment by phoning (814) 231-4043 during the General Office Hours listed at the top of this page.
Dental Appointments for Current Patients
- The care at our dental clinic is provided BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (No Walk-In Visits).
- The scheduling of dental appointments is dependent on the availability of our volunteers.
- Established patients at CVIM may schedule a dental appointment by phoning (814)321-4043 on Monday – Friday at 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
All dental appointments are scheduled by the dental clinic schedule coordinator. When an appointment is available, you will be contacted. Please let us know if your phone number changes. If we leave a message for you to schedule a dental appointment, we recommend you return the call to our schedule coordinator as soon as possible.
There is a waiting list for non-emergency appointments in the dental clinic. If you are experiencing dental pain, do not hesitate to call CVIM now for an emergency appointment.
Medication Refills for Current Patients
CVIM will be providing up to a 3-month supply of routine medications when possible. Please phone in your refills now; we will fill them in the order the requests are received. You will be asked to call to see when your prescriptions are ready and given specific pick-up instructions. If possible, we will deliver medications to your car.
To refill prescriptions:
- Call the refill phone line at (814) 272-0491 during the General Office Hours listed at the top of this page.
- You must be call the refill phone line at least one week before you wish to pick up your medication.
- To confirm that your prescriptions are ready, you may call us on the day of your medication pickup. For this purpose, phone (814) 231-4043 during the General Office hours.
- We CANNOT distribute your medication on a walk-in basis.
If you believe you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1, or go immediately to the emergency department at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
Contact us if you have any questions about qualifying for free medical or dental care.